2. Nutrient Deficiencies can lead to unwanted weight gain – how?
- Causing Cravings
- Decreasing Metabolism
- Depleting Energy
They can also cause additional health problems including high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, dementia, cancer, depression, fatigue, and more.
The answer? Make sure you are getting all of the nutrients you need to support a healthy life – body and mind.
Vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin B12 and B6, calcium, these are just a few of the main nutrients that many Americans are deficient in. Consult with a nutrition Xpert and your doctor to ensure you are getting all of the vital nutrients you need – for your overall health and to support healthy weight.
3. Stress! Whether it’s life stress or physical stress from overtraining, it can put a roadblock in your efforts to lose weight. Stress increases cortisol, which in turn breaks down muscle and decreases serotonin levels (the feel good neurotransmitter). The domino effect continues with increased cravings and digestive issues, all of which leave you hungrier.
4. Not getting enough exercise – or enough of the right kind of exercise – can easily halt your weight loss progress. The typical American lifestyle is sedentary, and this can be difficult to overcome. Common obstacles to getting enough exercise include:
- Lack of motivation & support
- Gyms can be intimidating
- Uncertainty of what to do
The truth is, most people have no idea what they’re doing when it comes to fitness. That’s why we have personal trainers and fitness classes – to provide the knowledge, support, and guidance people need to reach their fitness goals safely and effectively. Check out our Altamonte Springs group fitness class schedule at thefitnessxperts.com or call us at (407) 682-3116 to schedule a consultation with one of our Xpert Personal Trainers!
5. Eating too little or yo-yo dieting can wreak havoc on your metabolism and hormones, causing your weight loss efforts to stall. If you’re unsure of whether or not your nutrition is on track to help you reach your goals, contact a knowledgeable Xperts at (407) 682-3116.
6. Lack of sleep is another hidden culprit that can wreck your weight-loss efforts. Cortisol and ghrelin levels rise when you don’t get enough sleep – cortisol is the stress hormone linked to belly fat, and gherkin increases hunger. Furthermore, the human body typically stores more body fat when we aren’t getting adequate sleep. It can also impact body sugar resistance. If you struggle with getting a good nights sleep, try these tactics:
- Power down electronics an hour before bedtime
- Don’t eat anything high in sugar too close to bedtime
- Establish a nighttime ritual (candles, meditation, soothing music)
- Try binaural beats (YouTube has some you can try for free)
- Sip some nighttime tea
Get your full 8 hours to support your weight loss efforts — and to promote general wellbeing and functioning!
7. Underlying health issues can also impede weight loss efforts. If you’re eating right, exercising with a fitness trainer, getting adequate rest and still not meeting your goals, consider making an appointment with your doctor for a check-up.
Still struggling? Reach out to a Fitness Xpert for help! Call us at (407) 682-3116 now!